Provided courtesy of SuretyMail Email Reputation Certification
How to Whitelist Email from Rod Khleif for AOL, Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook, Thunderbird, Apple Mail, Postini, Bell/Sympatico, Rogers, Shaw, Telus.net & More
To ensure that the email we send you ends up in your inbox, and isn’t mistakenly sent to the junk folder, please whitelist our email address, which is email@example.com.
Below is information on how to whitelist us with AOL, Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook, Apple Mail, ThunderBird and Postini. Even if your ISP or email program is not listed, with these instructions you should be able to figure out how to whitelist our email address at any ISP or with any email program.
Also, if you find email from firstname.lastname@example.org in your spam or junk folder, please take that opportunity to tell your mail program that it is not spam by hitting the “not spam”, “not junk” or similar button, as that will train your program to whitelist it.
To add email@example.com to your AOL address book:
1. Open an email from us and then click the ‘This Is Not Spam’ button 2. Click the Mail menu and select Address Book 3. Wait for the Address Book window to pop up, then click the ‘Add’ button 4. Wait for the Address Card for New Contact window to load 5. Paste firstname.lastname@example.org into the ‘Other E-Mail’ field 6. Make our “From” address, email@example.com, the Primary E-Mail address by checking the appropriate box 7. Click “Save”
To whitelist firstname.lastname@example.org with Yahoo!, you will need to set up a “filter” after first taking the following steps:
1. If you find email from email@example.com is going to your Yahoo! bulk folder, open it and click “Not Spam” 2. Be sure that the address firstname.lastname@example.org is not in your “Blocked Addresses” list. If email@example.com is on your “Blocked Addresses” list, select it and click “Remove Block”
Now to create the filter:
3. Open your mail and click on “Mail Options” in the upper right hand corner 4. Select ‘Filters’ (in the bottom left corner) 5. On the Filters page, click “Add” 6. Select the “From header:” rule, and add “contains” and firstname.lastname@example.org, which tells the system to put email with email@example.com in your inbox and not the bulk folder. 7. Click the “Choose Folder” pull down menu and select ‘Inbox’ 8. Pick the Add Filter button
To whitelist our address with Hotmail you will need to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Hotmail Safe List. Here’s how:
1. First, if you find email from us in your Hotmail junk folder, open the email and click “Not Junk” 2. Next, check to see if if the email address email@example.com is on your Blocked Senders list. If you find firstname.lastname@example.org on your Hotmail blocked senders list, select it and click on the “Remove” button. 3. Next, open your mailbox and click “Options” in the upper right hand corner 4. At the top of the page, click on the “Junk E-mail Protection” link 5. Next, click on “Safe List”, which is down near the bottom 6. Copy and paste email@example.com where it says “Type an address or domain” 7. Click the “Add” button
1. First, if you find email from us in your Gmail spam folder, select our email and click the “Not Spam” button 2. Next, open an email that you have received from us 3. Click on the little down-pointing-triangle-arrow next to “Reply”: 4. Click “Add Rod Khleif to Contacts list”
1. On the Tools menu, click Options 2. On the Preferences tab, click Junk E-mail 3. On the Safe Senders tab, click Add 4. Add firstname.lastname@example.org where it says “Add address” 5. Click OK
To whitelist in Thunderbird, you will need to add email@example.com to your address book, and then set up your Thunderbird Junk Mail Controls to whitelist your address book.
1. First, if you find email from firstname.lastname@example.org in your Junk folder, right-click on our email and choose “Mark as Not Junk” 2. Next, click the Address Book button 3. Highlight the Personal Address Book 4. Click on “New Card” 5. In the “Contact” tab of the new card, copy and paste email@example.com to the email dialog box 6. Click “Ok” 7. Next, to whitelist your address book, select “Tools > Junk Mail Controls” from the drop down menu 8. Update the “White Lists” module under the “Settings” tab by selecting “Personal Address Book” from the drop down menu, and then check the box next to “Do not mark messages as junk mail” 9. Click “Ok”
Apple Mail for OS X
1. First, if email from firstname.lastname@example.org ends up in your junk folder, highlight or open it and click “Not Junk” at the top of your screen. Then: 2. Go to Mail > Preferences from your Mail menu 3. Go to the Rules tab 4. Select Add Rule 5. Give this rule a name such as “Rod Khleif” 6. Create a rule that says “If any of the following conditions are met: ‘From’ ‘Contains’” and then paste in “email@example.com” 7. From the actions, select ‘Move message’ to mailbox ‘Inbox’. 8. Click “OK”
To whitelist firstname.lastname@example.org with Bell / Sympatico:
1. Using www.bell.ca/ webmail sign in to your Sympatico account. 2. On the Sympatico web page, click on the Options tab at the top of the page. Select the ’More Options’ link at the bottom of the drop down menu. 3. On the new page, under ’Junk e-mail’ click the ’Safe and Blocked Senders’ link. 4. On the next page, click the ’Safe Senders’ link. 5. Enter email@example.com in the box. 6. Click the ’Add’ button beside it. The screen will refresh and the email address should appear in the Safe List. This will tell Sympatico that email from firstname.lastname@example.org should not be treated as spam.
In Rogers Mail, log into your email account and follow these steps to add email@example.com to your address book:
1. On the main screen, select the ’Add’ link next to the Contacts item, on the left hand side of the page. 2. A form will appear in the middle of the screen. On this form, enter Rod Khleif and firstname.lastname@example.org and select ’Save’
If you’re still not receiving email you are expecting, there are two things you can do: 1. Use the ’Not Spam’ button in your Bulk folder. 2. Create a filter to automatically send email from email@example.com to your Inbox. This is the only way to really ensure delivery.
Report as “Not Spam” 1. Check your Rogers Bulk folder 2. If you see the email from firstname.lastname@example.org, highlight it and click ’Not Spam’ 3. This does not guarantee that your mail will be delivered in the future, but it does help.
Create a Filter 1. Click ’Options’ in the top right navigation bar 2. Select ’Mail Options’ from the list that drops down 3. Choose ’Filters’ located on the left side of the page 4. Click the ’Add’ button on the Filters page 5. Choose the field you want to match in the incoming message. For example, “header” or “to”. 6. Choose the criterion by which you want a match to be made, such as “contains” 7. Enter the text string to compare. For example: email@example.com 8. Choose the destination folder to which you would like the message delivered. For example: Inbox
Make sure that our messages arrive in your inbox by adding firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book and confirm that our email is not spam by reporting so in Telus Webmail.
Add Sender to Address Book
1. Click on ’Address list’ on the sidebar menu. 2. Type email@example.com into the text box. 3. Click ’Save.’
Report non-spam – TELUS Webmail
1. Open and log into TELUS Webmail. 2. Select the email(s) you would like to report. 3. Click on the ’Not Spam’ button above the email(s). 4. The message will be automatically reported as Not Spam.
In Webmail for Shaw, log into your email account and follow these steps to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe list and to ensure that our emails are not automatically deleted. This ensures that you never miss out on any of our emails!
1. On the main screen, select the ’Address Book’ tab at the top 2. This page will list any/all of your contacts within your address book. On this page, at the bottom, enter Rod Khleif and email@example.com 3. Then, Select ’Add Contact’ Once you see our email listed in your personal address book, it means that we’ve been white listed, and will help ensure that you continue to receive our emails straight to your inbox.
Shaw has the practice of deleting any message that appears to have spam-like qualities, even if you’ve asked to receive them. With this turned on, emails can be deleted automatically without ever been seen. To disable this automatic filter, please follow these steps:
1. On the main screen, select ’Settings’ 2. Then, select the ’Spam Filter’ link 3. On this page, you have the ability to adjust your spam filter settings. Select ’Disable Junk Email Filtering’ so no emails are blocked or deleted automatically. 4. Press the ’Save’ Button
You do not need to whitelist email from Rod Khleif in Postini unless you find it trapped in the “Junk” area by Postini.
1. Log into your Postini account 2. Look to see if any email from firstname.lastname@example.org is listed in your Junk area 3. If you find email from email@example.com in the Junk area, check the check box next to the email from firstname.lastname@example.org 4. Click the “Deliver Selected” link at the very top of the Junk screen 5. On the next screen, click the “Approve Sender” check box next to the email from email@example.com 6. Click the “Approve Selected Senders” button