Get it on iTunes!
Ep #24 – Douglas Bibby, President of the National Multifamily Housing Council tells us the multi-family industry needs 300,000-400,000 units delivered to the US market each year to meet demand.
Douglas Bibby, President of the National Multifamily Housing Council tells us the multi-family industry needs 300,000-400,000 units delivered to the US market each year to meet demand. The multi-family industry has picked up 9 million renters since the recession.
The National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC), is a national organization of more than 1,100 member firms involved in the multifamily housing industry. Under Bibby’s leadership NMHC represents the industry on Capitol Hill and before the regulatory agencies, promotes research and the exchange of information, and advocates for rental housing across a broad spectrum of issues. Prior to joining NMHC, Bibby spent 16 years as a senior officer of Fannie Mae, where he served on the company’s Management Committee throughout his tenure. He was part of the top management team that is credited with the remarkable turnaround at Fannie Mae in the book Good to Great.
Here’s some of what you will learn:
- The risk-adjusted returns that flow from multi-family investing.
- The current state of the multi-family industry is strong.
- Millennials, down-sizing baby boomers, and immigration are driving demand for apartments in the US.
- The multi-family industry needs 300,000-400,000 units delivered to the US market this year to meet demand.
- Rent growth has been on a strong pace of at least 4% for the past 16 quarters in a row.
- Why baby boomers are selling their homes and choosing to rent.
- The challenges the multi-family industry is facing.
- The “sweet spot” of investment opportunity in the multi-family industry.
- The lessons being learned from student housing.
- The impact of Airbnb on the multi-family industry.
- The apartment renovations that matter most to millennials and baby boomers.
- Using social media for marketing.
- The best strategies to retain tenants.
You can learn more about Douglas Bibby and the National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC) at: http://nmhc.org/