Ep #171 – Dr. Buck Joffrey owns 500 plus units, 7 apartment buildings and 1 medical office building
Here’s Some of What You Will Learn:
- Dr. Buck Joffrey owns 7 apartment buildings, 1 medical office building, and a total of 500 plus units.
- Buck is a surgeon who watched other doctors investing in stocks take a huge financial hit in 2008.
- The 2008 stock market collapse caused Buck to seek out safer, smarter, more long-term and lucrative investments. To Buck, this meant investing in multifamily real estate – something he had never considered before watching stock investments fail for others.
- Why you should know this business as much as possible before buying your first property.
- What class property you should look for when buying your first apartment complex.
- Why D class properties aren’t the best properties to invest in.
- You should not buy a property unless you know who is going to manage it.
- Before you have a property, you need to have a team.
- Make sure you verify that the rent roll matches what people are actually paying.
- Why you need to do the proper due diligence before buying a property.
- Why you should drive by the property at night.
- How relationships with mortgage brokers can help you find off market deals.
- Seek to help someone before you expect to get anything from them.
- Why one of the best ways to operate is based on referrals.
- How to capitalize when this market turns.
- Why you should not look at the pro forma numbers on a property.
- Stick to fundamentals and making sure you really due diligence is important considering how the market is currently.
- How to find enjoyment in this business.
- Connect with me on Facebook at Rod Khleif.
- Text Rod to 41411 or visit RodKhleif.com for a FREE copy of my book, “How to Create Lifetime Cash Flow Through Multifamily Properties.”
You can learn more about Buck Joffrey at: